To cut our SVG designs using a CricutTM , a third-party software called Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) is required.
"Sure Cuts A Lot" is an easy-to-use program that allows you to cut premade custom artwork (SVG files) on your CricutTM machine and to use the True Type fonts from your computer to create a endless array of vinyl designs. No special cartridges are required, and it is available for Windows and Macintosh computers.
- :: Works with the Cricut Personal and Cricut Expression MachinesTM
- :: Works with all the installed True Type fonts on your computer
- :: Works with thousands of free True Type fonts
- :: Works with hundreds of free True Type Dingbat fonts
- :: Allows you to import SVG files to create custom artwork
- :: Welds overlapping letters and shapes together
- :: Allows you to select styles, including Shadow and Blackout, to change the look of your letters and shapes
- :: No special cartridges are required
- :: Has the WYSIWYG Interface - which means that what you see is what you cut
- :: Allows you to save your design layouts, so you can make changes over time
- :: Offers free 1.x updates
How many fonts are in this software? The SCAL software is not meant to give you fonts. It is a software that allows you to use the fonts on your computer. If you wish to add more fonts to your computer, google or dogpile such words as "free fonts", "script fonts", etc. There are thousands of fun fonts online ... many of them are free for personal projects. There is no need to buy special cartridges to obtain more fonts for your computer.
How does this work with the MyVinylDesigner designs? A CricutTM machine, on its own, can only use the cartridges created for it. This third-party software called Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL), connects your CricutTM machine and computer to the online world, and allows you access to thousands of fonts and SVG images. It saves you a ton of money over time, and gives you limitless options for creativity. Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) offers a trial version for those wishing to see how it works beforehand.
To visit the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) website ... click here
MY VINYL DESIGNER sells the premade, ready-to-cut SVG designs that you import into this software. Once you "import" the design, simply resize it to the dimensions you need and cut. It's really quite easy and fun. The designs are like patterns that can be used again and again. All you need to do is purchase the vinyl, and voila, get ready for fun!
To learn more about My Vinyl Designer ... click here!
For more Cricut-related information ... click here!
To try a sampling of our artwork ... click here!
* "Cricut" is a trademark of Provo Craft & Novelty Inc. This site is not affiliated with ProvoCraft™ CraftEdge™ Cricut™, or their subsidiaries.
** In order to cut with this software, you must have Firmware version 1.1 on your Cricut* Personal machine or version 2.1 on your Cricut* Expression machine. For more information on checking your firmware version, or updating your firmware version, please see Sure Cuts A Lot FAQ.
*** You may also need to install a driver for your computer.